Why Chair Squats (also known at Tap-backs)?
- It is the best functional exercise that is more accessible than regular squats, and it trains all the major muscles from glutes and leg muscles to the core.
- It is a great exercise to measure and benchmark one’s stamina. How many squats can you do today in 60 seconds? How many will you be able to do after a solid week of doing them every day? We added a feature allowing you to enter the number of reps (repetitions) that you complete in one exercise session.
- Completing an exercise or a class is your proud moment. Our most consistent exercisers deserve some recognition. We want to show their names on the leaderboard and to reward them with prizes!
- Motivation. We hope to encourage more folks to participate in this challenge.
- Build habits. One simple exercise done daily can be transformative. This is how healthy habits are formed.
- Next month, we will select another exercise for our new challenge.
How does it work?
- This Challenge runs starting today through March 31st.
- Everyone is eligible to participate, not just premium subscribers. However, only premium subscribers are eligible to win prizes.
- Click on “Join Challenge” and do your Tap-Backs. Then, enter how many you have done in that session. (You can only enter a number that is less than 30 to prevent unreasonable numbers from being entered).
- It is not about how many you can do in one session. The person with the highest frequency (the most active days) will surely win.
What about the Prizes?
- The 1st place wins a 45-minute personal training session with our Fitness Director Liz Bradley (via Zoom).
- The 2nd Place wins a $50 Amazon gift card
- The 3rd place wins a resistance band with handles and a door attachment
- Folks who come in between the 4th and the 10th place get a 1-in-7 chance to win a training session with Liz Bradley
- 11th to 24th places get a 1-in-13 chance to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
- Only Pro (premium) subscribers are eligible for prizes.
- Winners will be announced on April 1st via email and Facebook Group